Acid overload, or unbalanced alkalinity, can affect your health in a number of surprising ways.
Being overly acidic can lead to..
- a weakened heart,
- decreased circulation,
- irregular digestion and bowel movements,
- joint and muscle aches,
- decreased sexual performance and desire.
- and accelerated aging.
Acid/Alkaline balance is behind MANY health issues
Why do we continue to ignore the importance of alkaline balance in our cells and tissues? We take care of our major organs such as the heart and the brain, right?
This health concern is just as important because acid/alkaline imbalance is the ultimate root cause of most of your health issues.
Your body works at its best when you’re in alkaline and acid balance. The pH, or “potential of hydrogen,” is a measure of the relative acidity or alkalinity of a solution.
A pH of 7 is a perfectly neutral pH; from 0 to 7 indicates acidity; and from 7 to 14 indicates alkalinity. You want to fall somewhere in the middle around 7 or 7.5.
If you suffer from a pH imbalance, it can:
- Thicken your blood and increase your risk of heart problems.
- Block vitamin absorption and starve your body of essential nutrients.
- Create toxic buildup in clogged cells.
- Slow down organ function and make you feel sluggish and weak.
- Prevent proper digestion and create excess gas and bloating.
- Cause unhealthy weight gain.
- Speed the aging process and make you look and feel older.
Follow the 80/20 rule to balance your pH
In order to reduce your acidity, you need to avoid acid-forming foods such as animal meats, processed foods, fried foods, refined sugars, pasteurized dairy products and white flour products.
Instead try to eat more nutritious alkaline foods like fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans and other foods high in fiber.
If you follow the 80/20 rule, where you consume 80 percent alkaline foods and only 20 percent acid-forming foods, you should see a difference in your pH balance.
So don’t worry—your pH level is not permanent. You can make smarter choices with food and learn to balance acidic foods with alkaline ones to get your whole body in tip-top shape.
Layne Lowery is the President of Health Resources™, a manufacturer of high-quality nutritional supplements. In the health business since 1995, Layne’s passion is providing affordable natural health solutions and educational tools based on the best scientific research available to empower his customers to make wise decisions on matters of personal health.
Latest posts by Layne Lowery (see all)
- The “Healthy Bowel Secret” of African Tribesmen - September 4, 2011
- The Benefits Of Healthy Vein Support And Circulation - July 30, 2011
- Women AND Men Learn How To Balance Your Estrogen Levels - June 26, 2011