1. Sedivy, VM, Purification of salt for chemical and human consumption. Industrial Minerals, April 1996. (PDF version downloaded from http://krebs-swiss.com/salex.pdf).
2. Salt Institute. Vacuum Pan Salt Refining. http://www.saltinstitute.org/13.html. (May 15, 2006).
3. Author reviewed four apparently-independent analyses: Western Analysis, Inc., 2003 on Miracle Krystal Salt®. Western Analysis, Inc., provided 2006 on RealSalt®. ENC Labs, provided 2006 on Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt®. Inst. Of Biophysical Research, 2001 on Original Himalayan Crystal Salt®. Some elements required semi-quantitative analyses.
4. Fraga CG. Relevance, essentiality and toxicity of trace elements in human health. Mol Aspects Med. 2005 Aug-Oct;26(4-5):235-44.
5. Wilson, Lawrence: Nutritional Balancing and Hair Mineral Analysis. Prescott, AZ. L.D. Wilson Consultants, Inc., 1998.
6. Brownstein, David: Salt: Your Way to Health. West Bloomfield, MI. Medical Alternatives Press, 2006.
7. Hendel, Barbara and Ferreira, Peter: Water & Salt. Gaithersburg, MD. Natural Resources, 2003.
8. Alderman MH, Cohen H, Madhavan S. Dietary sodium intake and mortality: the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES I). Lancet. 1998 Mar 14;351(9105):781-5.
9. Direct interviews with medical professionals and salt companies. Available upon request.
10. Trowbridge FL, Hand KE and Nichaman MZ. Findings relating to goiter and iodine in the Ten-State Nutrition Survey. American J Clin Nutr. 1975 Vol 28, 712-716.
11. Greenwald I. The Human Requirement for Iodine. American J Clin Nutr. 1955 Vol 3, 215-224.
12. Ingenbleek Y and Beckers C. Evidence for intestinal malabsorption of iodine in protein-calorie malnutrition. American J Clin Nutr. 1973 Vol 26, 1323-1330.
13. Vought RL and London WT. Dietary Sources of Iodine. American J Clin Nutr. 1964 Vol 14, 186-192.
14. Michael B Zimmermann, Yoshiya Ito, Sonja Y Hess, Kenji Fujieda and Luciano Molinari. High thyroid volume in children with excess dietary iodine intakes. American J Clin Nutr. 2005 Vol. 81, No. 4, 840-844.
15. A great source for these worldwide artisan salts is SaltWorks, Inc. out of Redmond, WA. http:www//saltworks.us
16. Information on Celtic Light Grey Sea Salt® provided courtesy of The Grain and Salt Society of Asheville, NC. For more information or to order: 1-800-867-7258. http://www.celticseasalt.com.
17. Information on Miracle Krystal Saltâ„¢ provided courtesy of Power Organics of Mt. Shasta, CA. For more information or to order: 1-866-588-7258. http://www.powerorganics.com.
18. Information on Original Himalayan Crystal Saltâ„¢ provided courtesy of American Bluegreen, LLC of Roseburg, OR. For more information or to order: 1-877-224-4872. http://www.americanbluegreen.com
19. Information on RealSalt® provided courtesy of Redmond Minerals, Inc. of Redmond, UT. For more information or to order: 1-800-367-7258. http://www.realsalt.com.
20. Recipe courtesy of Christian Opitz author of The Miracle of Krystal Salt, Mount Shasta, CA, Krystal Web Matrix, Inc., 2006. 21. Recipe courtesy of Michela Tabychuk, Manager of the Tree of Life CafÃ© at the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Patagonia, Arizona, 1-866-394-2520. © Copyright Realnatural Health 2006