Have your failed weight loss efforts left you feeling a bit desperate? You’re not alone.
And you better believe the drug companies know it. They’re even BANKING on it… literally. In fact, one of them is hatching a plot right now to use that weight loss desperation to manipulate you and millions of others into a terrible decision.
They’re about to pitch you a new drug that makes a BIG PROMISE. They’ll be selling fast and easy weight loss. And with the dazzling claim that you can lose dozens of pounds with maximum ease and minimal effort, countless folks will be headed to the pharmacy to fill those prescriptions.
But don’t be tempted, my friend. Because this “new” drug has actually been around for a little while. It was just hiding out in a different form.
In other words, we already know plenty about it. And that includes a few details the upcoming marketing materials will likely fail to highlight. I’m willing to bet they’ll even get the ultra-fine print, pay no attention to those side effects behind the curtain, treatment.
So allow me to share what they hope you never see. Plus, I’ll leave you with another option for weight loss—a way to drop the pounds without the drugs.
The truth about that NOT so new weight loss drug
It’s an old drug company trick. Take an existing drug. Tweak it. Rebrand it. And make even MORE money off of it.
Right now, one manufacturer is doing just that with an existing diabetes drug. They’re on the fast track to pump new life into the drug semaglutide or Ozempic. They raised the dosage and will now be selling the made-over med as a weight-loss drug too.
And I’ll admit the research behind it sure sounds appealing at first. They’re even hailing it as “unprecedented” after dieters lost an average of 33 pounds. But there’s a catch, of course. Well, a few, actually.
First, it took 68 weeks to reach that number, which is a VERY long time to be on a med. And who knows, you might have to keep taking it to maintain the weight loss. More research will need to be done to figure that part out.
Second, you might find yourself fighting some gnarly side effects. Three out of four patients on the drug battled at least some side effects, including nausea and vomiting. And let’s be honest, we’ve ALL accidentally lost a little weight when we had a bug that made it hard to eat and keep food down.
And third, animal and human studies on the drug have revealed a potential association between semaglutide and serious risks, including pancreatitis and thyroid cancer.
3 PROVEN drug-free ways to slim down
Now, bear in mind that much of the research done on this med was when it was being used only as a diabetes drug and at a lower dose. So you can just imagine if those are the risks at a “low” dose what it might do at higher levels.
Now, stop imagining. Because you don’t need to waste another moment thinking about this drug. And you don’t have to worry that you might be stuck schlepping around that extra weight either.
There’s a simpler solution. In fact, there are multiple simpler… and SAFER… solutions that have been proven to work without the risks.
You can choose the one you like that fits your lifestyle best:
- Time-restricted eating: These are the diets where you eat between specific times or even on particular days. They’re generally very safe and effective IF they can fit your lifestyle and your doc gives his okay. For a quick start guide on two versions of this type of fasting, click here. You can also look online for more info or talk to your doctor.
- Mediterranean diet: Love fish and fresh fruit and veggies? This slim-down solution is for you. This diet also has the advantage of being one of the HEALTHIEST ones in the world. It not only leads to weight loss but a lower risk of heart attack and stroke, too.
- Low-carb diet: Lower-carb eating is a great option for meat lovers who are willing to give up the potatoes. Skip the starches, grains, and sugars and enjoy healthy animal fats and proteins to your heart’s content. Stick to lower sugar produce to keep your carb count down.
Regardless of which solution you pick, start by giving up all processed foods and ditching anything that’s ultra-refined, especially the empty calories in snacks and sweets. Even without a diet, that step alone can lead to weight loss and overall better health. Need more motivation? Slashing cancer and heart disease risk at the same time should do it.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- ALERT: Common blood pressure meds linked to CANCER - April 23, 2021
- Your war against body fat could HARM your heart - April 22, 2021
- In THIS food fight your HEART ends up the winner - April 21, 2021