Gained a few pounds? Welcome to the club.
The shutdowns, lockdowns, and shelter-in-place orders have led to so much overeating that they’ve already given those extra pounds their own name. They’re calling it the Quarantine 15.
The good news is most people haven’t actually gained 15 whole pounds due to the coronavirus restrictions. The bad news is many people HAVE gained weight.
One survey found that about 20 percent of Americans have gained at least five pounds, and some have gained up to 10.
So you might not want to try on those pre-pandemic pants just yet. But you also don’t have to fear the scale. And you don’t have to throw out your old clothing just yet either.
There are some simple ways to drop those extra pounds as quickly and easily as you gained them.
Lose your ‘Quarantine 15’ by fall… or SOONER
It’s hard to believe, but fall really IS just weeks away. And since it’s always a good idea to have a goal if you want to lose a few pounds, that’s a great deadline to set for yourself.
Forget weight loss for a “bikini body” since summer never happened for many of us. You can now shed weight to enjoy a guilt-free slice of pumpkin pie once the leaves start to turn.
How’s that for a little motivation? And you can do it by reversing what you did when the pandemic hit.
You know what happened. When it sunk in that we were facing a nationwide health crisis, we all headed to the supermarket. We stocked up on rice, pasta, and other comfort foods that store well.
Now, months later, we’re STILL in the habit of eating those carb-heavy dishes.
We justify it to ourselves, of course. After all, we don’t want all those pantry supplies and frozen foods to go to waste. And besides, with all the stress, we “deserve” it.
To complicate things today’s “quick” trips to the supermarket often lead to more impulse buys. After all, it’s easy to grab all those unhealthy foods that are temptingly stacked at the ends of the aisles.
2 easy and effective weight loss hacks
Now, we’ve seen the worst of what the coronavirus has to dish out. And while some things have been bad, the world didn’t end.
Plus, there were never any SERIOUS food shortages beyond a few random items like flour and, weirdly, Dr. Pepper, and Coke Zero (which you shouldn’t be drinking anyway).
So it’s time to turn things around. Begin by switching back to your OLD eating habits. That change alone should trigger weight loss and start you back down the path to restoring your waistline to pre-pandemic measurements.
But for the best results, you’re going to need to do a little more to make sure those extra pounds come off. And the good news is you won’t have to count calories, choke down diet foods, or go to any other extremes to do it.
Try one of these two easy, proven-effective options for weight loss instead.
- Time-restricted eating: This lifestyle, also referred to as intermittent fasting, has you do ALL of your eating in a six to eight-hour window every day. Skip breakfast, have a healthy lunch and enjoy a full dinner. Then stop eating until bedtime. A few weeks of time-restricted eating will turn your Quarantine 15 into nothing but a distant memory.
- Quit the carbs: The low-carb or Keto-style diet takes a bit more of a commitment. But it’s also highly effective. Low-carb is an especially good choice if you’re looking to lose more than just your quarantine weight. There’s no calorie counting, it’s blood-sugar friendly, and you’ll begin to see the results fast.
Both plans work well, so just choose what fits best into your lifestyle. And by the time autumn rolls around, you should be able to put your “old pants” back on without holding your breath.
PS: Want a little more help? There’s one quick trick that could help speed up your weight loss by 2.5 times. I shared this simple slimming hack right here.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Docs get THIS treatment wrong nearly HALF the time - March 2, 2021
- Two PROVEN ways to help STOP cognitive decline - March 1, 2021
- How to prepare for your SECOND coronavirus shot - March 1, 2021