Mainstream medicine still has no real solutions for Alzheimer’s.
No tests. No treatments. Nothing.
Meanwhile, families are stuck helplessly watching their loved one fall apart and slip away.
If you’re the one dealing with this mind-destroyer, every day is filled with embarrassment and fear as your basic mental abilities slip away from you, memory by memory.
So the latest news is pretty horrifying.
Even Big Pharma is giving up. Well, sort of.
Pfizer, one of the top three pharmaceutical companies, has just pulled out of trying to find a treatment or a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Considering how much money they could have made from this much-needed drug, it says a lot that they’re willing to walk away.
But then you have to take into account a recent discovery… and wonder if it’s just a coincidence, or if Big Pharma can see the big picture (and it’s not rosy for them)…
You see, while there’s no known cure for Alzheimer’s there are solutions that can be used to target and ease symptoms. In some cases even, perhaps, reverse them.
But Big Pharma can’t cash in on them. They even tried to patent one of the most powerful ones and their application was shot down.
That’s because this Alzheimer’s fighter is all natural. It can’t be patented.
It’s a common cooking spice. And it may be in your kitchen cupboard right now.
Turmeric could help reverse Alzheimer’s symptoms
That spice is, of course, turmeric. It’s in any curry powder you can buy in your grocery store’s spice section.
And turmeric—and its active compound, curcumin—is so powerful, it not only could help prevent Alzheimer’s. Experts say it may battle some of its worst symptoms.
Here’s how it works.
As you may know, folks with Alzheimer’s develop sticky plaques in the brain called “amyloid beta.” Whether these plaques cause Alzheimer’s or are a result of Alzheimer’s is unknown. But they’re always there.
These plaques collect between neurons disrupting your brain cell function. Causing confusion, paranoia, severe memory loss, and more.
But new studies have hinted that turmeric could help destroy these plaques. And it may be beneficial no matter whether you’ve just started having symptoms or have a more advanced case. Helping to restore memory and sharp thinking.
And the spices benefits don’t end there.
Even if you don’t have a single symptom, it’s a good idea to add turmeric to your diet. The powerful spice could help head off dementia as well.
There have been studies in countries—such as India—where people eat lots of turmeric daily. And they show that significantly fewer folks in these countries suffer from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Even if they live past 100 years old.
But you have to make sure you get ENOUGH turmeric to make a difference…
Dementia-proof your brain with turmeric
Feel free to sprinkle turmeric into your meals. It adds a nice pop of color to eggs, soups, casseroles, and sides.
But unless you want to make like an East Indian and eat curry all day long, getting enough turmeric can be tough. That’s where a quality turmeric supplement comes in.
Here’s what you need to look for:
- Get the right dosage: The general recommended dose is 300-600mg of standardized curcumin powder one to three times per day.
- Quality counts: If possible, go for whole food turmeric, rather than just isolated curcumin. New research shows that another component of the turmeric root, called turmerones, enhances the absorption of curcumin. In addition, other studies have proven that turmerones increase neural stem cell growth in the brain by as much as 80 percent. Which means they could help you get back your youthful brain power.
- One more spice: The truth is you could end up peeing away all of your turmeric if you don’t include one more spice in the mix. That spice is piperine, a.k.a. black pepper. While turmeric in a pill isn’t easily absorbed, add in some piperine and your absorption rockets up 2000 percent. That’s why curries work so well – they typically have black pepper in them too. Luckily, most turmeric supplements contain piperine. But be sure to check that yours does.
Meanwhile, the other Big Pharma companies haven’t given up. Right now, they’re trying to create synthetic turmeric they can patent and peddle. And when they do, you can count on them trying to stop the sale of natural turmeric supplements.
So stock up while you still can.
She is an advocate of self-education and is passionate about the power of group knowledge sharing, like the kind found right here on HealthierTalk.com. Alice loves to share her views on holistic and natural healing as well as her, sometimes contentious, thoughts on the profit-driven inner workings of traditional medicine.
Follow Alice and HealthierTalk on Twitter and Facebook.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Get an athlete’s advantage WITHOUT breaking a sweat - August 23, 2019
- [REVEALED] Scientists are LYING to you about popular antidepressants - August 23, 2019
- This FORBIDDEN breakfast could SAVE your brain - August 22, 2019