According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), children born today have a one in 600 chance of developing cancer by age ten. Cancer now kills more children under the age of 15 than any other disease. Astonishing as it may seem, we don’t have to sit idly by and allow this horror to continue. There is something we can do about it right now. When we change what children are eating we can literally change their lives and their health.
Children eat more food and drink more water relative to their size than adults. When they eat food that is not organic they are being exposed to pesticides, contaminants, and pollutants that play havoc with their small and developing bodies. By the time of the first birthday a child’s combined cancer risk from just eight pesticides on 20 foods exceeds the EPA’s lifetime level of “acceptable risk”.
Fifty million metric tons of toxic chemicals are dumped into our environment every single year. The Standard American Diet (SAD) includes at least 5000 artificial additives each year. Each and every insecticide, herbicide, and fungicide used on and in our vegetables and fruits is helping create diseases in food. Organic food eliminates this problem and is well worth the investment. More and more we are realizing the impact good nutrition has on health.
Everything from synthetic, artificial sweeteners and colors to sugar, caffeine, and chemicals are in various foods. None of these are good for children. Thousands of chemicals are used in food processing. These chemical toxins are foreign to our biological systems and are known to cause allergies, asthma, hyperactivity, autism, attention deficit disorder, hypersensitivity and behavior “problems. If we do just one thing, change the nutrition for children, we have done one of the most optimum things possible.
Every toxin, pollutant, pesticide, and drug ever taken from the time we are tiny babies is stored in our tissues, cells, fat, and muscles. The body recognizes these pollutants and desperately tries to get rid of them. The kidneys, liver, and lungs are working overtime trying to filter out all this garbage. Children have become toxic waste dumps with their colons full of putrefied meats, dairy, sugar and other foods that can’t be digested properly. Toxins and poisons are released into the blood from all this waste matter that can’t get out.
There is hope when we help children change old bad habits and replace them with good new habits. Here are six things we can do to help children have better health and live longer.
- Eat Organic and avoid toxic chemicals.
- Eat more raw and living foods! When you cook food, even organic fruits and vegetables, you kill it! Enzymes are destroyed and most of the nutritional value is compromised in cooked foods. We lose valuable vitamins and minerals just by heating to over 110 degrees. Raw foods are fruits and vegetables that have not been cooked. Living foods are sprouted and growing when you eat them. Broccoli sprouts, mung bean sprouts, sunflower sprouts and buckwheat sprouts are some of the most nutritious
- Eliminate junk and processed food. This alone will greatly improve a child’s health.
- Drink more alkaline water. Good hydration is paramount to good health.
- Encourage children and lift them up with inspiration. Let them know they can do better and be better and that you are behind them 100%.
- Encourage exercise. It is important for children to be active. Gentle bouncing on a trampoline drain the lymph system. Walking, biking, cycling, skating, yoga, running, all of it is good as long as you are moving your body.
Brenda Cobb founded the Living Foods Institute in Atlanta, Georgia in September 1999 just seven months after she was diagnosed with breast and cervical cancer. She refused the surgery and chemotherapy that her doctor recommended because she had seen her own family members and friends diagnosed with the same type of cancers try the traditional treatments and fail. Brenda set out on a journey to explore a natural way of healing and discovered Raw and Living Foods and Detoxification.
What began as the biggest challenge in Brenda’s life turned into a wonderful gift to humanity. Since opening the Living Foods Institute Brenda has expanded her Healthy Lifestyle Course to help people heal on every level. She and her staff have trained thousands of people from all over the world with every type of disease from Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Candida, Arthritis, Allergies, Asthma, AIDS and Lupus to Multiple Sclerosis, Bell’s Palsy, Depression, Migraine Headaches, Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and many more chronic and acute illnesses.
Brenda’s mission to help “Heal the World One Person at a Time” is being fulfilled every day as the internationally acclaimed Living Foods Institute is now known around the world.