So you remember those old anti-drug PSAs from the 80s?
“This is your brain on drugs!” they’d warn. And then you’d see a close up of someone cracking open an egg and tossing it into a sizzling pan.
Well, friend, that may well be the case. But there’s ANOTHER way to fry your “egg” that’s got nothing to do with drugs, legal or illegal.
It’s something in the food. More specifically, it’s in YOUR food.
Because unless you’re taking specific steps to avoid brain-frying soybean oil, you’re almost certainly eating it… probably every day. Even today.
But I’ve got the inside scoop on where it’s hiding. And a warning about what it does as it damages your brain and sets the stage for chronic health problems.
More importantly, I’m going to share with you precisely what you need to do to avoid soybean oil. As well as a solution that can provide the ultimate brain PROTECTION.
The everywhere oil that “ROTS” brains
Researchers say we now have even more proof of a direct link between our bellies and brains.
When you fill your gut with the RIGHT STUFF, your brain can keep doing its job for years to come. Dump in the WRONG STUFF, and it’ll pretty much turn to mush.
And the worst stuff of all just might be a common soybean oil that used in… well… just about everything these days. It’s in processed foods, of course. But odds are, it’s also in your own kitchen, where you cook with it daily.
Soybean oil has rapidly become the most popular oil in the nation by far. It’s so common right now that up to 85 percent of so-called “vegetable oil” now is really just soybean oil.
You can see why it’s popular: It’s cheap, plentiful, and virtually tasteless in most dishes. But it’s could also turn out to be DEADLY to the cells in one of the most critical parts of your brain.
In experiments on mice, soybean oil wrecked parts of the hypothalamus, which helps control your metabolism and weight. Plus, it helps regulate your body temperature and is critical to your body’s stress response.
2 steps to protect your brain from soybean oil
And that’s not all.
Soybean oil also caused damage on a genetic level, altering the genes that produce the “love hormone” oxytocin.
There are two ways to avoid soybean oil and its brain-scrambling side effects.
- Avoid processed foods: Sure, you can break out your reading glasses and scan labels for soybean oil or “vegetable oils.” But it will be next to impossible to find premade foods that don’t contain it. Plus, there are lots of OTHER reasons to avoid that junk anyway. When you cook with fresh ingredients, it tastes better and is better FOR you.
- Toss out any soybean oil you have. As I mentioned earlier, most vegetable oils are ALSO soybean oil or contain large portions of it. Toss them out and replace them with healthier oils instead such as olive oil, avocado oil, and coconut oil.
The evidence is stronger than ever that there’s a straight line between our gut and our gray matter. So be sure not to fry yours with risky soybean oil.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Help stop coronavirus spread with a bathroom staple? - October 29, 2020
- Diabetes death rate plummets with 2 brews - October 28, 2020
- 4 sleep supporting snacks for better shuteye - October 28, 2020