Alzheimer’s is a complicated disease.
Every time we learn something new about it, one thing becomes clear. We have a lot MORE to learn.
But we do know a few things about the disease for sure…
- It’s common… one in 10 American’s over 65 has it
- It’s deadly… one in three seniors dies with the disease
- It has no known cure
Also, we know conventional medicine DOESN’T have the answers.
Sure, if they give you an Alzheimer’s diagnosis, they’ll prescribe you some pills. But those drugs can only slow the progression of the disease AT BEST.
And they don’t have a clue how to prevent the disease.
But a recent breakthrough could change all that. Because this simple but powerful solution could STOP the disease before it even gets started.
In fact, according to Iowa State University researchers, it could send your risk for Alzheimer’s plummeting.
And it all starts with a full belly.
Hormone connects brain and belly
Cholecystokinin, or CCK, is what scientists call a satiety hormone. Which just means it helps make you feel full.
It does this in your small intestine by helping your body absorb appetite-satisfying proteins and fats. But it turns out your gut isn’t the only spot in your body where CCK ends up.
You can also find some of the hormone in the hippocampus of your brain. Or the area where memory is formed.
Alzheimer’s risk plummeted 65%
The researchers tested volunteer’s CCK levels.
They found folks who had higher levels of the hormone had FAR less chance of having “pre-Alzheimer’s” (mild cognitive impairment) or Alzheimer’s.
And we’re not talking about a little drop in risk either.
Folks with the highest CCK levels were a stunning 65 percent less likely to develop the devastating disease.
In other words, you may be able to slash your OWN Alzheimer’s risk simply by raising your CCK levels.
An ounce of prevention
Now, of course, you’re not likely to hear about this Alzheimer’s breakthrough on the evening news.
Heck, even your own doctor probably won’t mention it.
After all, mainstream medicine focuses on treating symptoms and curing diseases. Most docs don’t spend a lot of time on prevention.
But even a kid can tell you that you’re FAR better off preventing a boo-boo, than trying to kiss it to make it feel better later.
3 easy ways to raise your CCK levels
The researchers are continuing their work. But there’s no need to wait around for those results.
You can start working on raising your CCK levels, and reducing your Alzheimer’s risk, right away.
- Eat more protein-rich foods such as eggs, Greek yogurt, almonds, and chicken.
- Add more healthy fats to your diet… particularly ones high in lauric acid. Good choices include coconut oil, coconut milk, grass-fed butter, and milk.
- Eat more fiber-rich foods. Beans, for example, which in one study doubled CCK levels compared to a low-fiber meal. Other good options include organic apples, raspberries, flax, and chia seed.
Alzheimer’s is a devastating disease. First, it steals your memory. Then your independence. And finally, your life. Take this simple step to slash your risk today.
She is an advocate of self-education and is passionate about the power of group knowledge sharing, like the kind found right here on HealthierTalk.com. Alice loves to share her views on holistic and natural healing as well as her, sometimes contentious, thoughts on the profit-driven inner workings of traditional medicine.
Follow Alice and HealthierTalk on Twitter and Facebook.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- “World’s oldest spice” slashes blood sugar in just 5 weeks - February 18, 2019
- Slash fat and slim down with this tiny seed (start TODAY) - February 18, 2019
- “Cure diabetes” in 2 weeks with this powerful polyphenol?! - February 17, 2019