|Golden roasted pumpkin or pumpkin puree|
|Often overlooked as a potential dinner item, pumpkin is both delicious and nutritious. Mix up your menu with this cool weather squash starting today.
If roasting –
If pureeing –
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
• Wash pumpkins
• Slice off tops (as if you were going to make Jack O’ lanterns) and cut in half.
• Scoop out stringy inside and seeds (save seeds to roast if you like)
• Slice halves into smaller chunks and place on baking sheet
• If serving a roasted pumpkin side dish, or to use in salads etc. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt & pepper. [Note: SKIP if making puree.]
• Roast for 45 minutes or until light golden brown and fork tender.
Roasted pumpkin serving suggestions: Serve hot as a palate pleasing side dish. Or allow to cool, and slice thinly to toss into a salad.
To make puree:
We believe that everyone has good ideas about how best to care for our loved ones and ourselves. Many of our contributors are doctors that have spent their life’s work invested in the health and well being of the human body and mind. Some have spent their lives tirelessly researching health and the human body, developing new vitamins and products dedicated to making people healthier.
Others are ordinary people that have natural family cures passed down from generations, or discovered an inexpensive home remedy out of necessity or even by accident.
So Healthier Talk not only offers professional advice and solutions, but also provides much sought after natural family cures and at-home remedies, right at your fingertips!
Latest posts by Healthier Talk (see all)
- EX-SMOKERS: ‘New lungs’ in just 42 days? Scientists say, “Yes!” - August 7, 2019
- [WARNING] NIGHTMARE crops to INVADE supermarkets - August 5, 2019
- Reverse Alzheimer’s… in just 37 days [Here’s How] - August 3, 2019