|Golden roasted pumpkin or pumpkin puree|
|Often overlooked as a potential dinner item, pumpkin is both delicious and nutritious. Mix up your menu with this cool weather squash starting today.
If roasting –
If pureeing –
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
• Wash pumpkins
• Slice off tops (as if you were going to make Jack O’ lanterns) and cut in half.
• Scoop out stringy inside and seeds (save seeds to roast if you like)
• Slice halves into smaller chunks and place on baking sheet
• If serving a roasted pumpkin side dish, or to use in salads etc. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of salt & pepper. [Note: SKIP if making puree.]
• Roast for 45 minutes or until light golden brown and fork tender.
Roasted pumpkin serving suggestions: Serve hot as a palate pleasing side dish. Or allow to cool, and slice thinly to toss into a salad.
To make puree:
Ready to jump start your diet… starting RIGHT NOW?
Follow these eight fool-proof tips to help you reach your weight loss goals! The Best part is... these tips are cheap -- OR FREE! -- and you can do them right at home. As an added bonus I'll also share with you 5 natural supplements to shed stubborn belly fat... fast!