We’ve all been there before. Staring in the mirror at our reflection wondering where all the years have gone. And wishing the image gazing back at us looked just a little bit younger.
Maybe you’ve even secretly been tempted to go under the knife once or twice. But that isn’t your style. Besides, it’s dangerous and costs a fortune.
So you sigh and walk away, accepting that there’s really nothing you can do about it.
But new research has revealed nothing could be further from the truth. In fact you can practically rewind time, erasing up to THREE YEARS off your face, without risky surgery.
And you can do it using nothing more than a few easy exercises you can do in less time than it takes to boil an egg.
Age reversing face exercises proven in study
Researchers from Northwestern University’s School of Medicine have proven that when done regularly some simple face movements can lead to firmer skin and fuller cheeks.
For the study, volunteers performed the prescribed face exercises for 20 weeks.
When independent skin experts such as dermatologists evaluated the results, they confirmed the exercises had reversed up to three years of face aging on the volunteers.
And that was after just five months. Imagine the potential results if you were to make these movements a regular part of your daily routine.
Erase 3 years off your face in 20 weeks
Following are three of the age erasing moves that worked so well in the Northwestern study.
Happy Face Yoga creator and owner Gary Sikorski designed these easy-to-do face exercises. Sikorski has been an enthusiastic advocate for these powerful, anti-aging movements for many years.
1. Cheek Lifter:
- Start with a smile, and then circle your lips into an “o” shape.
- Pull your upper lips down and around your upper teeth.
- Smile again, with your mouth still in the “o,” and then relax.
- Finally, smile one last time, concentrating on pushing your cheeks up towards the ceiling.
That’s one cheek lifter. Repeat three times.
Some volunteers found it helpful to rest their index fingers on their cheekbones to reinforce the motion.
2. Happy Cheeks Sculpting:
- Smile without showing your teeth.
- Put your fingers at the corners of your mouth.
- Using firm pressure, and while you’re still smiling, run your fingers up your cheekbones to just below your temples.
- Hold for 20 seconds, and then relax.
You’ve successfully completed a Happy Cheeks Sculpting move. Repeat this one three times.
3. Eyebrow Lifter:
- Smile widely, and place three fingers over your eyebrows.
- Holding your eyebrows up and keeping your mouth smiling, try to use your eyebrows to frown.
- Hold for a deep inhale and exhale.
- Close your eyelids, and roll your eyes to the ceiling.
- Hold for 20 seconds. Release everything.
Repeat the move three times.
You’re now well on your way to a firmer, younger looking face. But don’t stop there.
Fight turkey neck with three simple moves
A saggy neck can give away your true age too. So add these three neck firming moves to your routine as well.
1. The Giraffe:
- Look straight ahead, and put your fingertips on your collar bone.
- Tip your head back slightly, and gently run your fingers a few inches down your breastbone.
- Lower your head, then repeat two more times.
- Finish this move off by sticking your lower lip out, leaning your head back, and pulling gently on your collarbone with your fingertips.
- Take four deep breaths, and then relax.
Complete three reps of this neck tightening move.
2. The Bulldog:
- Tip your head back, so you’re looking at the ceiling.
- Stick your lower jaw out, as if you had an exaggerated under bite.
- Hold for three seconds, and then relax.
Repeat The Bulldog five times.
3. Ceiling Kisses:
- Look at the ceiling.
- Purse your lips as hard as you can, stretching them as far out as possible, as if you’re trying to kiss the ceiling.
- Hold for three seconds, and then relax.
Kiss the ceiling five times and you’re done.
You do things to slow down the hands of time all the time. You exercise your arms and legs. And you give your heart and lungs a regular workout too.
Why should your face and neck be any different? Shave three years off your facial age, and love your reflection again, with these simple but powerful face exercises.
Latest posts by Healthier Talk (see all)
- EX-SMOKERS: ‘New lungs’ in just 42 days? Scientists say, “Yes!” - August 7, 2019
- [WARNING] NIGHTMARE crops to INVADE supermarkets - August 5, 2019
- Reverse Alzheimer’s… in just 37 days [Here’s How] - August 3, 2019