It’s true that your body needs sugar. But excess sugar is causing a real problem in the form of Advanced Glycation End-products, or AGEs for short.
AGEs are the mutant molecules formed when rogue sugar molecules attach themselves to healthy proteins, lipids or various types of cells and tissues in your body.
These AGEs can secretly accumulate in your body under your immune system’s radar, rob your healthy cells of essential nutrients and cause any number of health problems…
- Hardened eye lenses leading to cloudy vision
- Stiff, inflexible arteries making blood flow difficult
- Damaged collagen in skin cells creating premature aging and wrinkles
- Inflammation in your brain cells hindering your memory recall
- Impaired nephrons—filter units—in the kidneys hindering healthy kidney function
Unfortunately, until a decade ago scientists knew the AGEs problem existed, but they considered it a normal part of the aging process. However, researchers such as Anthony Cerami, Ph.D., of Rockefeller University in New York have now proven that certain nutrients can help deter the formation of AGEs as well as help remove existing AGEs from the cells of your body.
These anti-glycation nutrients include…
- Carnosine—this di-peptide can help block sugar molecules from cross-linking with collagen (natural protein that keeps your skin smooth and soft) which helps protect skin elasticity and slows premature aging.
- Histidine—in combination with carnosine it helps inhibit protein glycation, which is beneficial not only for your collagen skin cells, but all protein cells in your body including your brain, veins and kidneys.
- N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)—a powerful antioxidant that also helps prevent sugar molecules from cross-linking with protein cells such as those in your eye lenses and kidneys.
- L-Arginine—an amino acid that helps protect protein cells and helps boost collagen to repair wounds in burn patients.
Although the body does need some sugar to create energy and keep you alive, excessive sugar is detrimental to your health. But by using these natural nutrients you can help protect your body from the negative effects of the sugar that it cannot handle, and which can result in health-threatening AGEs.
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Get Eagle Eyes, Radiant Skin, and Super-Charged Immunities - October 8, 2015
- 4 quick tips to help banish headache pain FAST! - October 5, 2015
- Do healthy sugar substitutes really exist? - September 18, 2015