It’s incredible what we can force ourselves to live with. Take arthritis pain, for example.
Does this sound a little familiar?
You KNOW your aching knees need a whole lot more than any little pain pill can provide. And you KNOW you’re long overdue for coming up with a plan to get some help restoring movement, regaining flexibility, and easing pain before things get worse.
Trust me, I know. I’ve been there. And I’ll give you my own no-fuss, low-cost, blessed-relief secret in a moment. Just be sure to follow it ASAP.
Because as new research shows, too many people keep pushing off that arthritis-beating battle plan.
And they’re paying a BIG price for the delay.
Opioids fail to tackle knee pain
It’s not that folks WANT to suffer. No one does.
But rehab and rejuvenation take a little time. And let’s be honest, right now you just want something… ANYTHING… to help you get through the darned day.
So doctors often dash off a prescription for what’s supposed to be the most effective med for the job. The so-called “best option” when your arthritis knee pain gets so bad you can hardly function anymore.
And some will even assure you that you don’t need to worry about all those frightening headlines you’ve read about opioids. Because, sure, they have risks. But you’re not one of “those people,” right? You’d never abuse a medication.
And the truth is when the pain really is that bad, you’re probably not going to argue. “Just give me the pills, doc, I need to get through this day.”
Then it happens. Or rather it DOESN’T happen. And you’re even embarrassed to have to speak the truth out loud. As powerful as these drugs are supposed to be, you just don’t feel a whole heck of a lot better on them.
The arthritis pain hasn’t eased much. In many ways, because of the sickening side effects, you’re in worse shape overall now than you were before.
Well, my friend, new research shows it’s NOT just you. And if you haven’t caved in yet and taken these heavy-duty drugs, you might want to rethink filling that prescription.
BEAT arthritis aches without risky pain pills
It turns out there’s a whole lot of hype and not much in the way of results when it comes to opioids for knee pain.
The new review of 23 clinical trials finds the drugs provide only limited relief for most folks. And even then, it only lasts for between two and twelve weeks. After that, it’s back to square one.
Over the long term, there’s no improvement in…
- quality of life
Higher doses actually delivered worse results. Plus, they came with a higher risk of side effects, including nausea, constipation, and diarrhea. And, of course, we’ve all heard by now of the notorious addiction risk.
There are far safer and more effective options for tackling your arthritis knee pain. And I can give you four of them right here…
- Weight loss: Take a load off your poor knees. Studies show losing even just SOME of that excess weight you’re carrying around can deliver HUGE benefits. Helping to relieve pain while increasing mobility and quality of life.
- Get moving: I know it’s tough to think about moving right now. But it’s PROVEN to help in the long. Run. Even a gentle daily walk can help strengthen the knees, so they’re less likely to howl.
- Help make repairs: Natural therapies such as UC-II collagen, hyaluronic acid, and chondroitin sulfate can help protect the joint to stop the damage, ease the pain, and restore motion.
- Quick-relief: And for those everyday aches and pains, try a natural topical therapy built around proven pain-fighters such as MSM, menthol, and capsaicin.
So consider skipping the dangerous opioids. And get some REAL knee pain relief instead.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Why social distancing 6 feet may not be enough - March 29, 2020
- The WORST coronavirus advice out there right now? - March 28, 2020
- Skip supermarket “senior hours” until you read THIS - March 27, 2020