Mainstream medical science tells us that there are no cures for shingles and that only mainstream drugs can effectively manage symptoms.
In actuality, there are a number of natural remedies, which can help manage and relieve shingles and possibly even eliminate the virus.
The medical term for shingles is “herpes zoster.” After having chickenpox, the virus becomes dormant in nerve tissue – but can be reactivated years later as shingles.
Most common in seniors with immune issues
Shingles are most common in adults between 60 and 80 years old and those with weakened immune systems.
Shingles spread through the skin as a rash or blister similar to chicken-pox.
It’s associated with grueling pain, itchiness, burning sensation and sometimes even numbness.
Once the blisters burst open they can often be healed within a week or two, leaving behind light scars which will soon disappear.
While shingles may not be a deadly disease, it can be dangerous for people with weakened immune systems, such as those suffering from HIV, those getting mainstream cancer treatments and those who have organ transplants.
When shingles rash appears on the cheek or near the eyes, it is important to get prompt medical attention, as shingles in the eyes can cause temporary or permanent loss of vision.
Avoiding a shingles outbreaks
There are three important steps to avoiding a shingles outrbeak…
- Build and maintain a strong natural immune system.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Avoid and manage stress.
Supplements can help too. One particularly good combination for getting rid of shingles is colloidal silver, proteolytic enzymes and olive leaf extract.
An extremely effective pathogen destroyer which can be taken internally as well as applied topically.
Recent studies have found that:
1) Colloidal silver attaches itself to viruses and prevents them from replicating and
2) There are specific silver receptors on human nerve tissue – the location where the shingles virus “hides out”.
Produced naturally by the pancreas to help digest the protein and they are reported to be able to strip away the protective outer layers and heads of viruses.
These enzymes are found in certain foods, such as papaya and pineapple, and are also available in supplement form.
In a German study, 96 people with shingles took proteolytic enzymes for 14 days and another 96 people with shingles took acyclovir, a standard antiviral medication. Both groups experienced similar pain relief and skin improvement. The group taking proteolytic enzymes had significantly fewer side effects.
Olive leaf extract:
Avery effective anti-viral that has been reported to conquer viruses that mainstream medicine considers impossible to eliminate, such as Hepatitis-C.
One patient who had suffered from shingles for nine years reported experiencing complete relief within two days after beginning to use olive leaf extract.
Tips for relieving shingles symptoms
- Keep the blisters open and dry and the affected area clean.
- Do not burst the blisters by scratching.
- Apply wet, cool compresses to reduce pain
- Apply wet dressings to soothe the burning sensation.
- Avoid being in humid areas.
- Always keep yourself cool.
Other natural remedies for shingles:
- The martial art Tai Chi
- Capsaicin Cream
- Dab infected blisters with colloidal silver or hydrogen peroxide.
- Mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of water and use a cotton cloth to moisten the affected areas.
- Mix aloe vera gel, raw honey and leek juice and apply to the rash.
- Sponge the blisters and rash with vitamin E oil, apple cider vinegar, goldenseal, mugwort and/or peppermint tea.
- Baking soda and water solution can also be applied as a cold compress.
Tony Isaacs, is a natural health author, advocate and researcher who hosts The Best Years in Life website for those who wish to avoid prescription drugs and mainstream managed illness and live longer, healthier and happier lives naturally. Mr. Isaacs is the author of books and articles about natural health, longevity and beating cancer including "Cancer's Natural Enemy" and is working on a major book project due to be published later this year. He is also a contributing author for the worldwide advocacy group S.A N.E.Vax. Inc which endeavors to uncover the truth about HPV vaccine dangers.
Mr. Isaacs is currently residing in scenic East Texas and frequently commutes to the even more scenic Texas hill country near Austin and San Antonio to give lectures and health seminars. He also hosts the CureZone Ask Tony Isaacs - featuring Luella May forum as well as the Yahoo Health Group Oleander Soup and he serves as a consultant to the Utopia Silver Supplement Company.
Latest posts by Tony Isaacs (see all)
- Powerful natural cold relief to help you feel better fast - December 10, 2015
Study reveals surprising
brain health benefits of beet juice - November 30, 2015
- Combat cancer and ditch diabetes with 5 spice rack secrets - November 19, 2015