What can be so important about your liver? You’ve probably heard that this particular organ is vital to your optimum health. But exactly why is it so essential? Because your liver performs more than 500 bodily functions and chemical reactions every day of your life to keep you alive.
To cleanse your system, your liver must get into high gear so it can…
- Detoxify internal and external environmental pollutants as it filters approximately 100 gallons of blood each day.
- Manufacture up to a full quart of bile each day to break down fat.
- Produce more than 13,000 critical chemicals and hormones, which include cholesterol, testosterone and estrogen.
- Process more than 50,000 enzymes.
- Regulate blood sugar levels to prevent dangerous highs and lows.
- Store essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, D, K and B-12.
Unfortunately, your liver is under siege every minute of the day from alcohol use, prescription drugs, food additives, environmental pollution, water chlorination, household chemicals, herbicides, pesticides and ingesting too much animal protein. By age 50, this constant attack can lead to a liver clogged up with fatty deposits and years worth of dangerous toxins, which impairs its ability to cleanse and detoxify your body.
And if your liver is not functioning properly, you’re setting yourself up for a host of health problems. You may experience skin problems such as rashes, eczema and even psoriasis… allergies… memory problems… high blood pressure… autoimmune disorders such as joint pain and chronic fatigue syndrome… digestive problems… food allergies… gallstones and kidney stones… headaches… high blood pressure… and unstable blood sugar levels.
However, you can turn your condition around with healthy lifestyle choices. According to Elson M. Haas, M.D., founder and medical director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin, “…the cleansing/detoxification process is the missing link in Western nutrition and one of the keys to real healing.” You can help rejuvenate your sluggish and overworked liver for optimum performance with nutrients such as…
- milk thistle
- burdock root
- artichoke leaf
- N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC)
- alpha lipoic acid (ALA)
- trimethylglycine (TMG)
- olive leaf extract
- dandelion root
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Get Eagle Eyes, Radiant Skin, and Super-Charged Immunities - October 8, 2015
- 4 quick tips to help banish headache pain FAST! - October 5, 2015
- Do healthy sugar substitutes really exist? - September 18, 2015