Mainstream medicine still claims that there is no cure for diabetes. However, many people are curing this debilitating condition every day.
This article explains how it is possible and outlines three action steps that you can take to prevent or even reverse type 2 diabetes naturally.
In diabetes, glucose builds up in the bloodstream because it’s having trouble getting into the cells where it belongs. As a result, it may damage blood vessels of your organs such as kidneys and heart.
But why is that? Glucose uses insulin to open channels in the cell’s outer membrane so that it can pass through. The problem is that during diabetes insulin is no longer able to open up the cell.
Suddenly, you may start experiencing unusual thirst, extreme hunger, fatigue, blurred vision and other symptoms of type 2 diabetes. The following three steps will allow you to control diabetes more effectively:
- Improve your diet. Stop eating all refined sugars, processed foods and dairy products. Start consuming fresh whole foods high in fiber. These dietary modifications will help you balance your blood sugar, reduce inflammation and turn on all the right gene messages that are necessary for controlling diabetes.
- Keep off the excess weight. Most people with diabetes are overweight or obese. Exercise can help with weight loss and improve insulin sensitivity. It’s simple – regular physical activity is a powerful way to reduce blood sugar and reduce your risk of complications. Talk to your health care provider about what kind of exercise is appropriate for you. Even a 30 minute walk a day can have a huge impact on controlling type 2 diabetes.
- Embrace the power of herbs. Diabetes symptoms can be controlled with many herbal remedies. More specifically, scientific research is now shedding more light on healing properties of various plants that either control blood sugar (bilberry, salt bush) or treat the side effects of diabetes (ginkgo biloba).
It’s important to realize that high blood sugar is only a symptom – not the cause of diabetes. The real problem is a diet high in carbohydrates and processed foods together with an unhealthy lifestyle. This is why you won’t find the answer to your condition in a pill bottle.
Over 20 million Americans have diabetes and six million of them don’t even know it. Recent estimates suggest that by the year 2050, almost one third of American adults will be diabetic. Don’t fall prey to this condition and take charge of your own well-being by changing what you eat and increasing your exercise.
James Schreiber was a long time sufferer of Candida yeast infection - a little known condition manifesting itself with unexplainable, seemingly unrelated signs such as chronic fatigue, digestive problems and flu-like symptoms. After completely transforming his lifestyle to triumph over his disease, Schreiber made educating people on how to better cope with Candida overgrowth a mission. He shares the secrets of his success at http://www.ecandida.com
Latest posts by Jim Schreiber (see all)
- Raise Awareness of Candida Infection - July 5, 2015
- Discover the Art of Meditation and Supercharge Your Mind - May 21, 2015
- Obesity Causes Over 100,000 Cancers Per Year - May 1, 2015