Stinky breath can be a real problem… for your self-esteem, as well as your social life. And this embarrassing condition affects more than 50 million folks in the United States alone.
If your oral hygiene is so foul that you swear you’re dissolving enamel, then it’s time to look at your diet and make sure you’re including good food choices that can help prevent that offensive dragon breath.
Some choices include…
- Whole and living foods—Nutrient-rich, living foods such as fruits and vegetables don’t feed the unnatural bacteria inside your mouth. Fresh bell pepper and broccoli contain vitamin C that can actually create an unwelcome environment for smelly bacteria.
- Cinnamon oil—This aromatic extract can decrease the mouth bacteria that can cause gum problems and bad breath.
- Sugar-free gum—Gum chewing, especially when the gum contains xylitol, can increase saliva production and help get rid of dead cells and decaying food from your tongue, gums and teeth.
- Yogurt—Medical research suggests that eating sugar-free yogurt can decrease the levels of sulfide compounds which contribute to mouth odors, as well as mouth bacteria.
- Pure water—Drinking water promotes saliva production which performs a constant cleaning duty and helps flush out decaying food that bacteria feed on.
Isn’t pleasant breath odor worth a few simple precautions? The people you meet will appreciate the effort… and you never know whom you will meet next.
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Get Eagle Eyes, Radiant Skin, and Super-Charged Immunities - October 8, 2015
- 4 quick tips to help banish headache pain FAST! - October 5, 2015
- Do healthy sugar substitutes really exist? - September 18, 2015