From time to time I run across an amazing or amusing fact that I love knowing, but that I have no use for at the time.
When that happens I hate losing track of them so I file those fascinating facts away in case they’re useful in the future.
Today I’d like to share 40 of those fascinating mind-tingling factoids with you.
40 fascinating health facts you never knew
1. Didja know cold hands can mean a magnesium deficiency?
2. Didja know vertical ridges on fingernails means digestion problems?
3. Didja know a folic acid deficiency can cause hearing loss?
4. Didja know restless legs often means a mineral deficiency?
5. Didja know poor dream recall can mean a B6 deficiency?
6. Didja know white spots on nails means a mineral deficiency?
7. Didja know a vitamin C deficiency can cause bleeding gums?
8. Didja know a vitamin B deficiency can cause anemia?
9. Didja know low protein leads to autoimmune diseases?
10. Didja know your body needs saturated fat to create bile?
11. Didja know diabetics have low thyroid function?
12. Didja know a Vitamin B2 deficiency can irritate the eyes?
13. Didja know your adrenals need vitamin B5?
14. Didja know hypothyroidism requires extra B12?
15. Didja know stretch marks come from a zinc deficiency?
16. Didja know cholesterol protects your nerves?
17. Didja know low magnesium makes you sensitive to light?
18. Didja know niacinamide improves diabetic symptoms?
19. Didja know niacinamide fights candida?
20. Didja know statins can cause numb hands/feet?
We’re halfway there… let’s keep going!
21. Didja know too much growth hormone causes diabetes?
22. Didja know thyroid problems can look like Alzheimer’s?
23. Didja know soy can cause autoimmune thyroid disease?
24. Didja know a vitamin A deficiency causes thyroid problems?
25. Didja know most canola is GMO?
26. Didja know fluoride is more toxic than lead?
27. Didja know dentists in fluoridated water areas earn more than those elsewhere?
28. Didja know a magnesium deficiency interferes with sleep?
29. Didja know the FDA last tested sun screen safety in 1978?
30. Didja know taking Tylenol increases blood cancer risk?
31. Didja know low cholesterol worsens congestive heart failure?
32. Didja know statin drugs can cause congestive heart failure?
33. Didja know that boiling water concentrates the fluoride in it? Yikes!
34. Didja know statin drugs can cause diabetes?
35. Didja know magnesium oxide’s pretty much a waste of money?
36. Didja know Coca Cola is made with fluoridated water?
37. Didja know “caramel coloring” has nothing to do with caramel, just chemicals.
38. Didja know natural Vitamin A can get cancer cells to commit suicide?
39. Didja know “reconstituted juices” are often fluoridated?
40. Didja know nutritional levels in spinach fell 60% from 1941 to 1979?
A drunk driver damaged Bette Dowdell's pituitary gland shortly before her first birthday. Although doctors insisted for years that she was fine, her health drifted to a crash-and-burn event, and she realized her health was up to her.
Now she's happy to report she has energy all day, every day. She sleeps well. Colds, flu and headaches are all in the past. Optimism moved back in. Life is good.
Now Bette's sharing what she knows with others to help them take control of their health, too. People who become their own health advocate enjoy far better health than those that don't.
Bette grew up in The Salvation Army, where her parents were officers. Like the military, this Army life involved a lot of moving, and she attended ten schools, in nine cities, in three states before graduating from high school.
After college, Bette worked as an IBM Systems engineer, a small-company consultant and software company owner. She wrote the books How to be a Christian Without Being Annoying, On We March: A memoir of growing up in The Salvation Army and the e-book Pep For The Pooped: Discovering the Vitamins and Minerals Your Body Is Starving For.
She lives in the Phoenix area.