We’ve been told a lie. The poobahs said if we added fluoride to our water it would strengthen our teeth and bones. And we believed them. Even encouraged them to fluoridate our water.
But they lied. The fluoride added to our water is a waste product of aluminum and phosphate fertilizer processing. And it’s not even calcium fluoride that appears naturally in water, but sodium fluoride, which is a whole different thing–and loaded with bad news.
In fact, sodium fluoride has no good news. Except for a few suspect reports by the people selling the stuff, study after research study proves that sodium fluoride does not protect our teeth, and it does a number on our bones. And on other body parts, too, including our thyroid gland.
Unfortunately for us, this harmful chemical does its work in secret. Oh, we have health issues. Maybe even a lot of issues, but we never connect them to fluoride.
So let’s connect a few dots here.
Silent fluoride damage could trigger thyroid troubles
Your thyroid gland produces the hormone that controls your metabolism. Thyroid hormone gets its power and glory from its iodine content.
Enter fluoride. Fluoride and iodine look a lot alike chemically, but fluoride’s a bully while iodine, unfortunately, gives up too easily. So fluoride knocks iodine out of your thyroid hormone and takes over.
Big problem. Iodine is what makes the thyroid wheels go round. This creepy compound may look like iodine, but it can’t do iodine’s job. You have plenty of thyroid hormone, but since it can’t get the job done, you’re hypothyroid.
But blood tests, which are not sophisticated enough to distinguish between useless fluoride and the potent iodine you had before fluoride showed up, will say you don’t have a problem. To the tests, thyroid hormone is thyroid hormone, whether it works or not.
You’ll hear the doctor’s famous phrase, “You’re fine.” And you’ll know that’s not true, but you probably won’t know what to do about it.
Well, one thing you should do for sure is get rid of ALL the fluoride in your life.
Creepy chemical could harm your health
Not convinced yet? Well, then let me tell you even more reasons to ditch fluoride.
- It also attacks your pineal (PIN ee uhl) gland. Deep in your brain, called your third eye by seers, the pineal controls your inner clock, provides good sleep, works with your adrenal glands to handle stress, keeps the thymus gland fed and cared for, and communicates 24/7 with the rest of the endocrine system about how things are going. Fluoride calcifies your pineal gland into a non-functioning rock.
- Like the rest of the body, our bones constantly renew themselves, adding new bone cells and removing dying cells. Fluoride interferes with the ‘adding new bone cells’ part.
- Sodium fluoride contains heavy metals, including aluminum, which throw a monkey wrench into most of what our body needs to do. Adding to the mess, if aluminum can find some magnesium–one of the really good guys–it latches onto it and heads for your brain.
- The American Dental Association finally came out with an advisory telling parents not to give their babies fluoridated water–because it can cause brain damage. But they still back fluoride.
- The government classifies sodium fluoride as environmentally hazardous waste. Anybody handling it must wear HazMat protective gear. Dumping it into rivers is a crime.
Why then is it okay to put it in the water we drink, bathe in and swim in?
- Consider this: Putting sodium fluoride into the water supply forces people to involuntarily take a medication they don’t need, for no reason, with no controls. A doctor who did this with a medication would lose his/her medical license in short order.
- Fluoridated toothpaste requires a warning to alert parents to call poison control if a child eats a pea-sized glob of the stuff. Which contains the same amount of fluoride as one glass of water.
- Fluoride worsens many health situations, including autism.
Most of Europe enacted laws to stop the use of fluoride in the water–and report great benefits from doing so. It looks like Canada is following along. Only eight countries in the world now fluoridate more than 50% of its water. Unfortunately, the United States is one of them–and the politics run deep.
We’re on our own. Reverse osmosis (RO) systems remove fluoride–and a whole lot of other bad things in our water. Get RO-processed water (stores are popping up all over the place) or get a RO system, but don’t drink fluoridated water. Why would you want to do harm to your wonderful self?