Alternative medicine experts say that chronic candidiasis is a silent epidemic that may be affecting nearly 30% of the world population. This frequently overlooked condition is stealing the health of millions of men, women and children through a combination of seemingly unrelated symptoms such as depleted energy, headaches, cravings for sweets, digestive problems and recurring vaginal yeast infections.
Chronic candidiasis – also known as Candida yeast infection or simply Candida – is usually triggered by a bacterial imbalance in the body. In the gut each one of us carries many different naturally occurring organisms – together they form what we call the intestinal flora. However, during candidiasis, one type of yeast called Candida albicans grows out of control, overwhelms other bacteria and produces a number of toxic by-products that may infiltrate the bloodstream.
The result is a myriad of chronic symptoms. Some of them are listed below:
- Chronic fatigue
- GI tract problems – constipation or diarrhea
- Cravings for sweets
- Mood swings, anxiety
- Foggy brain, trouble with concentrating
- Vaginal yeast infections
- Flu-like symptoms
- Oral thrush
- Frequent headaches
Normally, Candida yeast infection is a result of using broad spectrum antibiotics. Antibiotics kill not only the bad bacteria when we take them, but they also kill the good bacteria – while leaving yeast intact. Over time, this imbalance may allow the Candida yeast to grow out of control and cause havoc in your body.
Other common causes of systemic candidiasis are unhealthy diet high in sugar, stress, compromised immune system and the use of steroids or birth control pills.
Coping with Chronic Candidiasis
Dealing with Candidiasis can be difficult because many doctors are still uneducated about this condition. Fortunately for many Candida sufferers, there is a number of working natural and safe remedies worth trying:
- Following a Healthy Eating Plan – since eating unhealthy foods is one of the leading causes of Candida overgrowth, one needs to correct his or her eating habits. This usually involves cutting out processed foods and sweets altogether when trying to get rid of Candida infection. By removing unhealthy foods from the diet and replacing them with nutritious alternatives – whole foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, whole grains, beans, fish, and organic poultry & eggs – Candida can come off.
- Probiotics – nowadays it is common knowledge that probiotic supplements can assist your health in many ways. While additional research is definitely needed, we now know that certain strains of probiotics like Lactobacillus acidophilus directly compete with Candida albicans in the intestinal tract. Together with other health benefits like improved immune system and better digestion, probiotic supplements are something you don’t want to miss if you’re looking for ways to get rid of your Candida infection.
- Anti-Fungals – as the name suggests, anti-fungals tend to inhibit fungi – including the Candida albicans organism. There have been several studies published mentioning promising alternatives to traditional prescription drugs (Diflucan, Nystatin, etc.) like garlic or caprylic acid. All in all, anti-fungals are something you may want to consider if you’re suffering from Candida overgrowth.
The above three tips on how to overcome candidiasis are just scratching the surface of the ways you can reclaim your health. For more information, seek a holistic doctor familiar with this condition.
James Schreiber was a long time sufferer of Candida yeast infection - a little known condition manifesting itself with unexplainable, seemingly unrelated signs such as chronic fatigue, digestive problems and flu-like symptoms. After completely transforming his lifestyle to triumph over his disease, Schreiber made educating people on how to better cope with Candida overgrowth a mission. He shares the secrets of his success at http://www.ecandida.com
Latest posts by Jim Schreiber (see all)
- Raise Awareness of Candida Infection - July 5, 2015
- Discover the Art of Meditation and Supercharge Your Mind - May 21, 2015
- Obesity Causes Over 100,000 Cancers Per Year - May 1, 2015