The mainstream advice on cholesterol boils down to one thing. And that is your LDL needs to be lower.
It almost doesn’t matter what the number is to start with. Mainstream docs want it to be LOWER than that. In fact, they want levels so low almost no one can hit them without the help of drugs.
So you swallow that pill… and you wait.
Sure, eventually, your LDL levels will plunge, often dramatically. But if you’re hoping for your HEALTH to measurably improve too, well…
You’re going to have to KEEP waiting.
But now new research reveals the secret to not only better cholesterol, but also the artery protection you’re looking for. And you’re not going to believe where you will find it.
It’s not a prescription pill you can pick up at the pharmacy. And you can’t get it in a shot from your doctor either.
Instead, you’ll find it much closer to home… in your OWN BODY.
Sweep your arteries clean USING cholesterol
If you ask any mainstream doc, he’ll admit that “good” cholesterol (HDL) can sweep out the so-called “bad” stuff (LDL).
But they act like this is some kind of mystical process you have no control over. So most doctors pretty much IGNORE it and feed you LDL-lowering meds instead.
The new study shows how they’re barking up the wrong tree.
Experiments on diabetic mice revealed that raising levels of HDL cholesterol… especially the active form that works extra hard to clear out arteries… can do FAR more for the pipes than they would’ve guessed.
The higher HDL actually helped to REVERSE atherosclerosis in the mice. That’s the kind of hardening of arteries that leads to all of the heart risks you fear most.
Mice engineered to pump out more HDL saw their atherosclerosis reversed 30 percent more effectively than “normal” mice.
2 steps to take control of your heart health
Both mice were also given LDL meds, but why bother?
We KNOW they’re not the answer. And we know we shouldn’t blindly attack cholesterol with drugs that can do a whole lot more harm than good.
Instead, take two steps toward common-sense cholesterol control to help naturally raise your HDL and cut the only form of LDL you really need to worry about…
- Boost HDL: The so-called “good” cholesterol helps sweep out the bad. You can get it from foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as fatty fish as well as from omega-3 supplements. Plus, a little extra movement – even just a daily walk after dinner – will also help raise your HDL.
- Block oxidation: LDL doesn’t WANT to hurt you. It only does so when it’s damaged by oxidative stress, which causes the particles to stick to artery walls. But you can flush it out with a diet rich in natural antioxidants including blueberries, pecans, strawberries, kale, red cabbage, and beans.
Want to lock-in that protection against LDL oxidation? Try one of the most potent antioxidants around, astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin is found in some seafood as well as supplements. It fights off oxidative stress, in general, making it great for anyone looking for an edge against aging. But it’s ESPECIALLY effective at protecting LDL from oxidation.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Supercharge weak muscles with “solar power” - November 11, 2019
- Breast cancer survivors BEWARE of this hidden risk - November 11, 2019
- Weird arithmetic rolls back brain age by a decade - November 10, 2019