It’s the most natural form of blood sugar control yet.
There are no pills to swallow – no drugs, no supplements. Heck, you don’t even have to run yourself ragged with exercise.
This is some genuine mind-over-matter stuff. And I don’t mean that in the far-out Woodstock kind of way either.
Because, believe it or not, you can put your mind to work right now… starting MINUTES after you read this letter… to literally help control your blood sugar.
If you have diabetes, this approach could help you regulate your sugar levels and perhaps reduce your dependence on medication. And if you don’t have the disease, this same approach could help ensure you NEVER get it.
The secret is hiding in your hormones—specifically, the stress hormone cortisol.
STRESS hormones can cause blood sugar to SOAR
When most people wake up, their stress hormones shoot up. And it’s not JUST because life is stressful (although lately, it sure is).
We were designed that way. Cortisol helps you get alert and ready for the day. So when you wake up, your hormone levels jump by 50-75 percent in just half an hour.
Those levels slowly drop over the next 16-18 hours, until it’s time to sleep again. Then your body shuts off the cortisol so you can get some rest.
But it turns out that natural pattern changes when you have diabetes. The new study finds folks who are diabetic no longer get that a.m. spike followed by the slow, gentle decline.
Instead, your levels are already high when you wake up. And they remain flatter throughout the day. Which, in turn, can lead to trouble with blood-sugar control over the long term.
Researchers say it reveals how vital it is to control stress and cortisol levels when you have diabetes. They suggested mindfulness exercises or even yoga. And research shows it works. A recent meta-analysis found mindfulness practices led to drops in cortisol levels, systolic blood pressure, heart rate, and fasting blood sugars.
There are apps you can use on your smartphone and free videos on YouTube if you want to give it a try.
Clobber stress and cortisol at the same time
Of course, not everyone finds it easy to de-stress on their own. For some of us, any attempt at mindfulness leads to a wandering mind. And a wandering mind can lead to more stress if it wanders off to the WRONG place (which it usually does).
So, fortunately, there are some other ways to help reign in cortisol quickly and easily.
Here are three of my favorites:
- Walking: Yeah, it really is that simple. A peaceful stroll through the park just might be nature’s most potent stress reliever. In one small study, a 10-minute walk three times a week cut cortisol by 3 percent.
- Ashwagandha: It’s a funny name, I know. But this powerful herbal remedy has been used for centuries in India for its many health benefits. And modern science shows it can help CUT overall stress, FIGHT anxiety, and SLASH cortisol. It even matched the anti-anxiety drug lorazepam in one study.
- Vitamin C: It’s probably the world’s most well-known nutrient. The only problem is despite its stellar reputation, most folks don’t get nearly enough of it. When you do, however, amazing things happen – including stress-reduction. In one study, 1000 mg per day cut both cortisol and blood pressure when volunteers were placed in stressful situations. If 1000 mg all at once makes you a little gassy, try splitting into two or three smaller doses taken at different times of the day.
Gently drive down your stress hormones, and your blood sugar is sure to follow.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- When is it safe to travel again after vaccination? - April 16, 2021
- Duo dramatically SLASHES cholesterol without drugs - April 15, 2021
- Strange light therapy slashes pain without pills - April 14, 2021