Is your doctor CHEATING on you?
Most docs talk a good game about being in your corner, but some are cashing big checks on the side from Big Pharma.
Today, you’ll get the power to find out.
You can do a background check on your doctor!
In just seconds, you can learn EVERYTHING you need to know about your doc, including…
- How much money they take from drug companies.
- Average wait times.
- And if the patients LIKE the doc.
And best of all… it’s FREE!
Drug company “bribes” influence doctor decisions
But let’s start with that first one… MONEY. Two out of three Americans see doctors who collect at least some cash or other benefits from a drug company.
And if docs are getting money from THEM… well, they might not always do what’s best for YOU. (Which is why you need to “background check” them sooner rather than later!)
Sure, they’ll INSIST that money can’t influence them, but one study found a gift worth as little as $7 could change a doctor’s prescription habits!
Another study found $500 in grants or gifts makes a doc 50 percent more likely to prescribe that company’s brand-name drugs over cheaper generics.
And cancer doctors who get paid by a drug company are 84 percent more likely to prescribe drugs made by those companies.
But you can find out about every last penny of these payments in seconds with the Dollars for Docs “background check” website by ProPublica.
Just enter your doctor’s name and state here, and you’ll get the scoop on who’s paying them and how much they’ve earned.
And don’t stop there.
To learn even MORE, check out these…
3 MORE ways to do a “background check” on your doc
- FACEBOOK: You can use this social media website in two ways. First, you can check out your doctor’s page. Just realize that many of them control the page and can delete negative comments. And second, you can put out the call to your Facebook friends and family either looking for a doc in general or asking for direct feedback about a specific doctor. You’d be surprised how much you can find out with a Facebook “background check”!
- YELP: Docs just HATE Yelp. Why? They can’t control it! Some docs and hospitals have even tried to SUE patients who’ve left bad reviews. And sure, you have to watch out for crackpots looking to settle a score and impossible-to-please patients. But if a doc or hospital has a large number of reviews, reading through them carefully will give you some idea of what they’re really all about.
- HEALTHGRADES: This is like Yelp for healthcare and often gets a little more detailed and specific than what a Yelp page might provide. You’ll learn about awards, sanctions, specialties and more. Just be aware they take ads from docs so it may not be 100 percent unbiased. But this “background check” combined with the other tips plus word-of-mouth, you should start to get a good sense of WHO your doc is and WHAT they’re up to.
Don’t let you’re doc pull one over on you. Make sure you’ve chosen one of the good guys using these four simple and FREE ways to “background check” your doctor.
We believe that everyone has good ideas about how best to care for our loved ones and ourselves. Many of our contributors are doctors that have spent their life’s work invested in the health and well being of the human body and mind. Some have spent their lives tirelessly researching health and the human body, developing new vitamins and products dedicated to making people healthier.
Others are ordinary people that have natural family cures passed down from generations, or discovered an inexpensive home remedy out of necessity or even by accident.
So Healthier Talk not only offers professional advice and solutions, but also provides much sought after natural family cures and at-home remedies, right at your fingertips!
Latest posts by Healthier Talk (see all)
- Learn the TRUTH about your doctor (4 FREE ways to check) - January 18, 2019
- Helpful hangover cures to ring in the New Year - December 31, 2018
- Recognizing depression & signs of suicide in a loved one - July 3, 2018