Ladies, we pull off all kinds of magic to help make sure we don’t look our age. And some of us go to extremes.
One of my friends… and I’m not going name any names… needs a full two hours before she can leave the house. No judgments here. After all, we’re all doing our best to look and feel young.
But there’s one sign of age that no concealer in the world can mask.
You can’t see it in the mirror. In fact, without specialized testing, you may not even be aware of the trouble brewing in your arteries. But new research reveals how women, in particular, are prone to this hidden form of dangerous damage.
More importantly, it also points to a way to FIGHT OFF one of today’s leading killers before it ever has a chance to sink in.
The secret damage deep in your arteries
The new study tries to explain a strange heart disease paradox. The disease treats men and women differently.
Women tend to develop heart disease much later than men… up to 10 years later, in many cases.
- Yet women are also more likely to suffer unexpected heart attacks.
- Those heart attacks are often at earlier ages than men.
- And they tend to be much deadlier.
When it happens, doctors might think it was some kind of fluke. After all, you had no sign of heart disease.
But the new study shows it likely wasn’t a fluke at all. In fact, you DID have signs of heart disease. – they just weren’t as visible. Plus, it appears the damage to the arteries often starts at a much younger age in women… as early as your 40s.
Blood pressure in women, it turns out, rises more slowly than in men. That means it can take longer to reach hypertension levels. But also causing slow-motion damage to your arteries for a LONGER period.
Dodge the drugs with these hypertension hacks
Of course, the mainstream’s knee jerk reaction will no doubt be to insist we start treating rises in blood pressure at younger ages, especially in women. In other words, more drugs, for more folks, earlier than ever.
But I think that’s a major mistake.
First, it doesn’t actually address the ROOT cause of the problem. And second, it does nothing to help older women RIGHT NOW who might be living with that silent damage in their arteries at this very moment.
That’s why I’ve got a better plan. Starting with these three natural hypertension hacks that can help protect your arteries…
- Start with the amino acid l-arginine, which helps your body make the nitric oxide that naturally dilates your blood vessels to keep things moving along.
- Next, let’s transform those arteries into superhighways by tossing some spirulina into the mix. The blue-green microalgae contain a compound called SP6, which also acts as a natural vasodilator, keeping your blood vessels open.
- Add in folic acid –a manufactured version of folate – which helps protect blood vessels from inflammation. In one study, folic acid was linked to a 73 percent lower risk of stroke.
And don’t forget the power of good habits.
Sleep more, don’t smoke, drink only in moderation, lose weight, and work to control your stress levels. Those five basics alone could do more for your blood pressure and arteries… and your overall health… then anything you’ll find in the drug store.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- Keep calm and beat America’s ANXIETY pandemic - April 3, 2020
- Could D help keep us healthy in the age of CORONA? - April 3, 2020
- The ‘athlete’s secret’ to restoring your stamina - April 2, 2020