More and more Americans are developing food sensitivities, food allergies, irritable bowels, spastic colon and other digestive problems. And this outbreak can be linked to an increase of foods in our diet with a high-lectin content.
Lectins are the sticky proteins that attach themselves to sugars found in healthy foods. They are commonly found in fruits, vegetables and seafood, plus grains, beans and seeds. One of the most common lectins is gluten—or wheat germ agglutinin (WGA)—the most popular type of wheat lectin in our diets.
Glutens can trigger serious health issues such as…
- Inflammation, joint stiffness and discomfort throughout your body
- Neurodegenerative problems
- Autoimmune disorders
- Insulin resistance and blood sugar imbalance
- Irritable bowels, abdominal pains and digestive problems
- Memory loss and brain fog
- Itching and skin breakouts
- Water retention and bloating
- Weight loss and weight gain
- Constant, unexplainable fatigue
- Sinus problems, itchy nose, congestion and post-nasal drip
What can you do to protect your health? Since glutens—and other lectins—need to attach to sugars, you can take quality supplements that contain “sacrificial sugars” to attract the glutens so they don’t damage your body.
These decoy sugars include N-acetyl glucosamine (NAG), bladderwrack, okra powder, D-mannose and mucins. The glutens then attach to these sacrificial sugars but leave the healthy sugars in your body alone, and your body can then easily digest them.
When the lectin glutens are no longer a threat, you can enjoy the foods you love and once again experience optimal digestive health and wellness.
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Get Eagle Eyes, Radiant Skin, and Super-Charged Immunities - October 8, 2015
- 4 quick tips to help banish headache pain FAST! - October 5, 2015
- Do healthy sugar substitutes really exist? - September 18, 2015