If you’re like a lot of Americans, your day began with a couple of slices of perfectly crisp bacon.
The only thing better than the smell is the taste!
But it turns out that bacon could be hiding a sickening secret. There’s a good chance you were just dosed with two or more antibiotics with every delicious bite.
And that only covers breakfast.
There’s still a whole day ahead!
A shocking new report exposes how insane levels of antibiotics are being pumped into farm animals. And that, of course, means those same meds are also making it into your meals.
It’s time to do something about it BEFORE it’s too late.
How Big Pharma is SECRETLY drugging you
The New York Times report reveals that the drug industry is quietly working behind the scenes to earn billions by manipulating farmers into dosing up ALL of their animals with antibiotics.
And yes, that means even when they’re NOT sick.
They claim it’s a “precaution” to prevent possible disease outbreaks. But they must think we’re stupid because you and I both can spot a con when we see it. And this Drugs for Dinner scheme has scam written all over it.
Doped up farm animals are a problem because when you eat the med-laced meats they could end up causing health problems for you down the line.
- Microbiome mayhem: If it’s in the animal, it’s in the meat. The amounts may vary, but you’re getting chronic low-dose exposure to antibiotics. And over time this messes with your microbiome wiping out your good gut bacteria which can lead to digestive disorders and a laundry list of other health problems from depression to obesity.
- Super infections: When animals are continuously pumped full of antibiotics, it could lead to antibiotic-resistant superbug germs, which can also end up in your meat. Then, unless your meat is cooked to “hockey puck” doneness, those germs could infect YOU.
These problems aren’t new, of course. We’ve been warning you about them for YEARS here in Healthier Talk. And the drug companies have been well aware of the risks for over a decade.
Yet the situation isn’t getting better. In fact, it’s getting WORSE.
SLASH your exposure to antibiotics
The Times report finds Big Pharma is using every dirty trick in the book. They even launched a terrifying ad campaign for a two-drug combo that looked a LOT like the marketing for a Hollywood blockbuster.
“Don’t wait for Pig Zero,” the posters and brochures warned. They featured a pig peeking out from behind an ominous looking ZERO as if it were patient zero in a doomsday outbreak.
Then, to help close the deal, the promos reminded farmers that the drugs have a “side effect” they’re going to love. The antibiotics fatten the animals up FAST so they can make extra cash.
Did it work? Did it ever!
The company behind this campaign and its main rival have sold a combined $2 BILLION in antibiotics for livestock per year.
That’s two billion dollars’ worth of drugs in YOUR food from just two companies.
This problem is far bigger than anyone will admit. And by the time the authorities finally do, it could be too late as we face untreatable infections, drugs that no longer work, and a whole slew of chronic illnesses.
But there are a few things you can take to minimize the threat, and your health risks right along with it.
- Go organic: Once an animal is dosed with antibiotics, it’s no longer organic.
- Buy antibiotic free: Organics too pricey? Look for meats that specifically say “antibiotics free” on the label.
- Take a probiotic: Since you’ve likely already been exposed, help restore the “good” bacteria in your gut by taking a high-quality probiotic supplement.
These three steps can help put YOU back in control. And then go ahead and enjoy that delicious bacon again without worry.
She is an advocate of self-education and is passionate about the power of group knowledge sharing, like the kind found right here on HealthierTalk.com. Alice loves to share her views on holistic and natural healing as well as her, sometimes contentious, thoughts on the profit-driven inner workings of traditional medicine.
Follow Alice and HealthierTalk on Twitter and Facebook.
Latest posts by Alice Jacob (see all)
- CAUTION: Common drugs can ‘activate’ Alzheimer’s - July 17, 2019
- Don’t TOUCH CBD oil without reading THIS! - July 17, 2019
- NATURAL therapy stands to make Big Pharma BILLIONS - July 16, 2019