Dear Dr. Cutler,
I am a nutritional consultant and I’ve very much enjoyed reading your information concerning heart problems. My husband, has valve problems—aortic and atrial valve leakage. Because of this, he is on Coumadin®. I haven’t seen where you’ve addressed this issue, but I would very much appreciate any input you could provide me.
Heart valve problems are not easily handled with natural therapies, that’s for sure. And your husband should consult his personal physician before making any changes in his treatment. That being said, I do have some suggestions to consider…
- Improving “sticky blood” can be achieved through natural means. You can research a natural nutrient called nattokinase online. However, you should consider that there are no randomized trials on nattokinase and its effect on valve abnormalities.
- It’s also important to keep your blood pressure as close to normal as possible to take the load off the heart valves. And there are several natural remedies for lowering blood pressure that you can also find out about online. Plus, stress must be dealt with to keep blood pressure normal.
- Increase your percentage of raw foods to more than 50 percent of your total food intake… juice fresh fruits and vegetables and consume them twice daily.
- Finally, be sure to include mild to moderate cardiovascular exercises in your daily exercise regimen.
All of these health suggestions add up to optimal heart function so the valves can do their job.
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Get Eagle Eyes, Radiant Skin, and Super-Charged Immunities - October 8, 2015
- 4 quick tips to help banish headache pain FAST! - October 5, 2015
- Do healthy sugar substitutes really exist? - September 18, 2015