More than 38 million people continue to suffer from allergies, heart problems, digestive issues and weight problems associated with acid overload. However, most of you don’t know that the imbalance is the root cause of your health issues.
Your body works at its best when you’re in alkaline and acid balance. The pH, or “potential of hydrogen,” is a measure of the relative acidity or alkalinity of a solution.
A pH of 7 is a perfectly neutral pH; from 0 to 7 indicates acidity; and from 7 to 14 indicates alkalinity. You want to fall somewhere in the middle around 7 or 7.5.
If you suffer from a pH imbalance, it can:
- Thicken your blood and increase your risk of heart problems.
- Block vitamin absorption and starve your body of essential nutrients.
- Create toxic buildup in clogged cells.
- Slow down organ function and make you feel sluggish and weak.
- Prevent proper digestion and create excess gas and bloating.
- Cause unhealthy weight gain.
- Speed the aging process and make you look and feel older.
In order to reduce your acidity, you need to avoid acid-forming foods like animal meats, processed foods, fried foods, refined sugars, pasteurized dairy products and white flour products.
Instead try to add more nutritious alkaline foods like fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans and other foods high in fiber. If you follow the 80/20 rule, where you eat 80 percent alkaline foods and only 20 percent acid-forming foods, you should see a difference in your pH balance.
So don’t worry—your pH level is not permanent! You can make smarter choices with food and learn to balance acidic foods with alkaline ones to get your whole body in tip-top shape!
Layne Lowery is the President of Health Resources™, a manufacturer of high-quality nutritional supplements. In the health business since 1995, Layne’s passion is providing affordable natural health solutions and educational tools based on the best scientific research available to empower his customers to make wise decisions on matters of personal health.
Latest posts by Layne Lowery (see all)
- The “Healthy Bowel Secret” of African Tribesmen - September 4, 2011
- The Benefits Of Healthy Vein Support And Circulation - July 30, 2011
- Women AND Men Learn How To Balance Your Estrogen Levels - June 26, 2011