If your blood pressure is creeping up you may want to give your belly some extra attention.
Because, as strange as it may seem, research has found a link between gut flora and hypertension.
Researchers say taking a probiotic supplement could help you lower your blood pressure.
Probiotics help fight hypertension
On average regular probiotic use can lower your systolic blood pressure (top number) by 3.56 mm Hg and your bottom number by 2.38 mm Hg, according to research published in the journal Hypertension.
In contrast having the wrong bacteria balance in your belly can promote inflammation, disrupt your hormone balance and even lead to weight gain.
Probiotic benefits don’t end there, either…
- Research has shown that probiotics may affect the production of the neurotransmitter GABA making them a potential treatment for naturally reducing stress and anxiety.
- Probiotics can help improve your cholesterol numbers
Lose weight & balance blood sugar
- Keeping your gut bugs in balance can help you lose weight and lower your body fat.
- Probiotics can support your immune system helping your body to fight off various bugs and viruses.
- Having enough good bacteria on board has been linked with a lower risk of developing diabetes as well as reduced insulin resistance and blood sugar levels.
- Good bacteria can help relieve occasional constipation and keep you regular.
- Balanced belly bugs could even help protect you against fractures and bone loss.
Beef up your beneficial bacteria
Limiting sugar, flour, artificial sweeteners and unnecessary antibiotics can help you maintain the bacterial balance in your intestines.
Naturally increase your good gut bugs by eating a high-fiber diet rich in fruits, vegetables and beans and that includes fermented foods such as sauerkraut and pickled vegetables.
You can also beef up your beneficial bacteria levels by taking a probiotic supplement..
We believe that everyone has good ideas about how best to care for our loved ones and ourselves. Many of our contributors are doctors that have spent their life’s work invested in the health and well being of the human body and mind. Some have spent their lives tirelessly researching health and the human body, developing new vitamins and products dedicated to making people healthier.
Others are ordinary people that have natural family cures passed down from generations, or discovered an inexpensive home remedy out of necessity or even by accident.
So Healthier Talk not only offers professional advice and solutions, but also provides much sought after natural family cures and at-home remedies, right at your fingertips!
Latest posts by Healthier Talk (see all)
- Gift ideas for health nut ladies on your list - December 9, 2016
- 4 reasons you should drink apple cider vinegar every day - December 9, 2016
- Don’t ignore your gallbladder health until it’s too late! - December 7, 2016