Fluoride, a mining by-product, is one of the bigger scams perpetrated on an unwitting public. Instead of being beneficial it actually is damages teeth.
Glycerin coats the enamel and prevents natural re-mineralization of teeth.
The solution is to avoid both of them and make your own toothpaste or tooth cleanser at home.
Here are my top 10 safe, natural and healthy tooth cleanser recipes you can make at home which contain neither fluoride nor glycerin:
1. Old Fashioned Tooth Powder:
- 2 tbsp dried lemon or orange rind
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
Grind the rinds in food processor until they become a fine powder. Add baking soda and salt then process for a few more seconds until you have a fine powder. Store in an airtight container. Dip moistened toothbrush into the mixture and brush as usual.
2. Basic Toothpaste:
- 1 Tsp of the above Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Hydrogen peroxide
Mix into a paste and brush as usual.
3. Vanilla, Geranium and Honey Toothpaste:
- 1/2 ounce powdered chalk
- 3 ounces powdered orris root
- 4 teaspoons of tincture of vanilla
- 15 drops oil of rose geranium
- Raw honey, enough to make a paste
Combine all ingredients and mix until you have the consistency you want. Scoop the paste onto brush and brush as usual. Store the paste in an airtight container.
4. Simple Mint Toothpaste:
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Bentonite clay powder
- Peppermint oil
Mix 3 parts bicarbonate of soda with one part salt. Add 3 tsp of bentonite clay for every 1/4 cup of this mixture, and then add enough water to make a thick paste. Add a few drops of peppermint oil for better taste. Brush as usual.
5. Herbal Mint Toothpaste Recipe:
- 1/4 tsp peppermint oil
- 1/4 tsp spearmint
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup powdered orrisroot
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp ground sage
Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add water until paste is desired thickness/consistency. Store at room temperature in a tightly covered jar.
Substitute 1/2 tsp each of oil of cinnamon and oil of cloves for peppermint/spearmint if desired. Brush as usual.
6. Refreshing Super Mint Toothpaste:
- 6 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 teaspoons bentonite clay powder
- 15 drops peppermint
Mix thoroughly until you get the toothpaste consistency you desire. If desired, add a few drops of peppermint or wintergreen. Brush as usual.
7. Super Healthy Toothpaste:
Combine baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, xylitol, and a drop or two of cloves for flavoring. Brush as usual.
The first 2 ingredients have been known for cleaning the teeth gently, effectively and safely, while the xylitol is a natural sweetener that is also known for it’s fantastic tooth protective qualities. It’s the only sweetener that is actually good for your teeth and it has the ability to prevent plaque from adhering to the tooth surface. Cloves are a powerful disinfectant and painkiller for mouth problems with no rebound pain effect. A drop or two in this mixture will be antiseptic and make it taste good, but you could opt to use peppermint if you don’t like cloves.
8. Strawberry Tooth Cleanser:
- 1 tsp of the above Old Fashioned Tooth Powder
- 1 tbsp crushed ripe strawberries
Mix strawberries and powder into a paste and brush as usual.
9. Basic Tooth Cleanser:
- Hydrogen peroxide (a few drops)
- Baking soda
Make a paste by combining the two ingredients. You can also gently rub this paste along your gums twice a week for maximum benefit.
10. Lemon and Cloves Herbal Tooth Cleanser:
- Small amount of finely powdered sage
- 1 ounce of finely powdered myrrh
- 1 pound powdered arrow root
- 3 ounces powdered orris root
- 15 drops oil of lemon
- 8 drops oil of cloves
- 10 drops oil of bergamot
- 10 drops of coconut oil (you may have to warm slightly to melt)
Mix the powdered ingredients first and then add and mix the oils into the mixture.
Supercharge any of the above recipes by adding tea tree oil or plant derived mineral powder (or both).
When you use items that contain lemon, rinse your mouth and teeth thoroughly afterward to prevent damage to teeth enamel.
Latest posts by Tony Isaacs (see all)
- Powerful natural cold relief to help you feel better fast - December 10, 2015
- Study: Surprising brain health benefits of beet juice - November 30, 2015
- Combat cancer and ditch diabetes with 5 spice rack secrets - November 19, 2015