Carrots…as well as other orange- or yellow-colored fruits and vegetables…contain ample amounts of the extremely-effective antioxidant vitamin A.
This vitamin can help destroy harmful free radicals, strengthen your immune system, aid in the growth of teeth and bones and help your body resist infections and viruses.
But that’s only the beginning. Vitamin A also promotes…
- Healthy eyes—can help prevent the onset of macular degeneration and aid in improved night vision.
- Healthy skin—can help relieve acne outbreaks, aid in skin cell growth and repair and prevent premature aging.
- Healthy hair—can help build and maintain a healthy head of hair.
Vitamin A can be found in natural sources such as fish liver oil, liver, green leafy vegetables, yellow vegetables, yellow fruits, orange vegetables, orange fruit, whole milk and eggs.
Infants and elderly people have a decreased ability to absorb vitamin A from foods so they most likely need to take natural supplements containing the vitamin. Just be sure to check with your naturopathic doctor or nutritionist first.
Michael Cutler, M.D. is a board-certified family physician with 18 years experience specializing in chronic degenerative diseases, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
A graduate of Brigham Young University, Tulane Medical School and Natividad Medical Center Family Practice Residency in Salinas, Calif., he serves as a medical liaison to alternative and traditional practicing physicians. His practice focuses on an integrative solution to health problems.
Dr. Cutler is a sought-after speaker and lecturer on experiencing optimum health through natural medicines and the Founder and Editor of Easy Health Options™ newsletter—a leading health advisory service on natural healing therapies and nutrients and is Medical Advisor for True Health™—America's #1 source for doctor-formulated nutrients that heal.
For more information visit www.truehealth.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Michael Cutler (see all)
- Laugh More To Live Longer - April 4, 2015
- How Happiness Is the Key to Good Health - September 2, 2011
- Natural Remedy Old Wives’ Tales that Actually Work - August 27, 2011